Welcome to my blog!

If you have any questions or for further descriptions of events, feel free to e-mail me!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ireland One Last Time (in 2011 at least)

There was not a ton that happened on this trip.  It was a lot of driving and site seeing.  We stayed with a woman we met at a hostel in Oslo, Norway for a few days and that was an experience!  We were able to see a lot of the country and Braden even got some rain that he very much wanted (because it's supposed to be rainy in Ireland).

We started off with a quick stay over in Dublin.  The hostel we were in was in the basement below the entrance and we could hear every footstep, but we were tired and I slept pretty well.  I left my sunglasses (on my head below) at the restaurant.  I also got to drink Bulmer's Irish Cider again!  :)


From Dublin, we went on Braden's part of the vacation and took Bus Eireanne down to Waterford to see the Crystal factory.





From there we had a layover in Cork and then we got into Killarney in time for some supper at an Irish pub and then off to bed.  In our room was a couple from Washington (recent grads) and a boy from Lakeville who now goes to Bradley University in Illinois.  Crazy small world.  We had a convo with them for a few hours and then went to bed. 

The next day we went on an adventure into the Dingle Peninsula.  We had a tour guide who sang to us and it was a beautiful day.  So many pretty pictures and of course excitement in Ireland!









I also took a quick video:

We stopped int he cute town of Dingle that kinda reminded me of Grand Marais.  We walked around with some other people from our tour group.

There is a town dolphin named Funghi...I guess he shows up and tourists like him.  I rode on his statue.



That was the end of our trip to the peninsula, after that we went to Mandy's house from Killarney to Galway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment