Welcome to my blog!

If you have any questions or for further descriptions of events, feel free to e-mail me!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

TEST!!!

On Monday, I had to take my first test in Germany.  It was of course in all German and it was going to place me in which level I should be in for the entire year.  So, there was a lot riding on it and it made me very nervous.  I didn't do the best on it to be sure, but I did what I could.  I know that I am not in a very advanced level of German, so I will be happy with whichever level I get in.  After the test, I decided it was time for me to visit Braden in Erfurt.  I hadn't been to his apartment yet and I was overdue.  I jumped on a train in Jena and worked my way to Erfurt and met him in the main square.  We had Burger King and went back to Ikea.  This time we looked at the time the bus left and made sure we were going to be there 10 minutes early.  We bought mats, blankets, pillows, etc so that we would have something to sleep on when we visit one another because our beds are so small and Braden had already slept on my floor twice.  We checked out and we were 12 minutes early for the bus to come and we walk out the door and watch it drive away.  We then have to wait 40 minutes for the next one.  I am really never going back to Ikea.  Never.  We get back to his apartment and it is cute.  He has no communal living space, just his room, a kitchen, and two bathrooms.  It's not very easy to meet or hang out with his roommates because of this.  I love his "Allied Powers" roommates (two Frenchman, a Brit, and him).  We then made a trip out to the Erfurt mall that was very nice.  We ate "Chicken and Chips" and they were so good.  I saw another scarf I may want at H&M.  We then took him grocery shopping at Kaufland and had a fun time picking stuff out.  I can buy a gallon and a half of milk for 3 Euro.  It's so great...except that it is on the shelf not in a cooler.  I'll get over that eventually.  We then watched more Xena and off to bed.

I left in the morning on Tuesday and went back to Jena to finish up Lost.  Finish it I did.  Cry I did.  It was just so so so so so SAD!!  I then went to a meeting for orientation teaching me how to sign up for classes.  I guess all I have to do is e-mail the prof and say, "Hey, I'm Justin and I'd like to take your class" and they say Fo' sho'.  I then started Lost Season 1 with April.  It's sad seeing everyone when it just began and seeing the people that died not knowing how they are going to die....oh wow that finale was hard.  And I'm crying again. :(

Wednesday was Glee night again.  I had to take my speaking test in the morning and that was interesting.  She asked me what my bracelet meant and I had to explain to her that it was gay pride.  That was fun.  Also, she asked why I wanted to be a teacher when all teachers in America get shot.  I said that I didn't think that happened to EVERY teacher.  She watches too much TV.  Then I went back home and watched more Lost with April and came back at 4 to see which level I was placed in.  I am in M2 which is intermediate, so I am very happy.  I was banking on not being in beginner, so I accomplished that goal.  I then came home to meet Braden and we looked at the classes I can take.  We then went over to April's for Glee night.  We ate Mediterranean food.  Cous Cous, Gyros, etc.  It was ok, not my favorite.  Maria and I bought our tickets to Dublin to visit Raquel in TWO WEEKS!!!  I'm so excited.  We then watched Glee.  It wasn't my favorite episode, but it was good :)  I then came back home and watched some Xena with Braden.

Plans for today (Thursday)?  Nothing.  Lost maybe.  Tomorrow I'm going to Eisennach and on Saturday we are all going to Leipzig.  Look things up to see what we'll see if you want.  I'll put up some pics when we get back, though.  I have written a ton of postcards, I just need to get some stamps on them!!!

Much love, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment