Welcome to my blog!

If you have any questions or for further descriptions of events, feel free to e-mail me!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Start the Day off Right!

This is the day I realized that I had significantly less money than I originally thought and began to freak out about how much everything was going to cost me.  It kinda put a damper on the day and I'm sad about that.  However, we still made the best of it and saw and learned some very cool things.  Here is another fabulous canal photo of which I took many.


Well, when I woke up I thought that it was very late and that the Heineken Experience (http://www.heinekenexperience.com/AgeCheck) opened at 10...but it was at 11, so I panicked for no reason.  That's kinda unlike me...but that's travelling I guess.  We had breakfast again, this time I had bread with ham and cheese and it was much safer. I at first was not going to do the Heineken Experience because it was much too expensive for something I had kinda already done in Dublin for Guinness, but I didn't want to just sit on a bench for 2 hours while Braden did that because I wasn't going to go do something else that cost money, so I caved.



I'm glad I did though, because Braden had so much fun, and that made it fun for me. He really loved the experience....


...a lot.

We then walked to the Palace/Town Hall (http://www.paleisamsterdam.nl/) and had a great time there.  It was originally the Town Hall, but when Napoleon took over, he put his brother in charge here in Amsterdam. He lived only 18 months and then the palace went back into Napoleon's power, but he only visited like 4 times.  It's very pretty though.  Here are just a few awesome pictures that show how rich it looks.





After that we didn't really know what we wanted to do, so we just walked along and went into a few souvenir shops and strolled the canals a bit more.  We really just liked the feel of Amsterdam and took a lot of pictures of the canals and sat around and talked and just lived.  It was a great time. We did forget to go to the Sex Museum and Cannabis College...so, maybe we experienced the wrong side of Amsterdam for people our age, but we talked about it.  We decided that, to us, partying in every city is about the same, what makes it fun for me is the history of each place and what was there and how old things are, that is different everywhere and really very interesting.  A club is a club, I think.  Maybe we're lame, but that's fine.  This was our last day in Amsterdam and we really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment